Fenstermaker began in 1950 as a small family business offering surveying services to the oil and gas industry. Since that time, the company has expanded its services and market reach tremendously, now serving clients in a variety of industries and locations. Fenstermaker has enjoyed this growth because our leaders have always emphasized our founder’s vision— a strong focus on customer service.
A cornerstone of Fenstermaker’s success has been the understanding that exceptional customer service is a crucial part of every job. Our team members know that client satisfaction does not happen by accident. It happens by design. We grow as a company only by earning the positive feedback, respect, and repeat business of our clients. Fenstermaker recognizes that our customers are our partners, and we conduct business every day with that simple fact in mind.
At Fenstermaker, we believe it is more important to set the standard than follow the rules. To that end, we have created our own benchmarks for exceptional customer service.
Customer Service Benchmarks
- Do the right thing. Adhere to the highest ethical standards in all situations. Remember to always take the high road.
- Get to know your clients. Learn your client’s expectations. What are their company values? What are their project goals? What do they consider a job well done?
- Smile. It’s always the right choice. Build your business relationships with a positive approach. Generate positive energy in your environment.
- Be courteous. Always treat clients and fellow team members with respect.
- Communicate effectively. Aside from being polite, focus on being clear, concise, and easy to understand. Use an upbeat tone and communicate on a personal level.
- Help the client understand how we do business. Educate the client on how we operate. Be conversational and informative without lecturing. Answer any questions so that they know exactly what to expect from us.
- Be responsive. Always respond to a client’s call, email, or any other correspondence quickly. Client communication should never be ignored or delayed.
- Take responsibility. If something goes wrong, do not hesitate to apologize and proceed to find a solution to the problem. Do not avoid unpleasant situations but face them head on. Demonstrate your ability to admit wrong and your determination to fix mistakes.
- Strive to exceed client expectations. Go the extra mile. Make the follow-up phone call. Look for ways to pleasantly surprise clients.
- Be an example. Be a mentor to fellow team members. Help them learn the importance of exceptional customer service. Share with them some things you do to optimize your relationship with clients.